Partnerships & Development
- 1977 Established as a propshaft stockist and distribution company.
- 1981 Investment in an assembly and remanufacture facility
- 1983 Partnership with Klein Gelenkwellen GmbH to provide U.K. manufacturing facility and component stockholding
- 1984 Ford Q101 approval for assembly and supply of Klein products to Iveco-Ford truck plant
- 1985 Ministry of Defence quality award AQAP4
- 1994 Investment and relocation to larger assembly plant and offices
- 1995 National recognition: Investors in People Award
- 1996 ISO9000 replaces NATO AQAP4 approval
- 2001 Extension of existing premises to improve stockholding capacity, distribution facilities and expansion of the assembly and manufacturing operation
- 2003 ISO9001-2000 replaces ISO9000
- 2004 Bailey Morris Ltd joins the EDS (European Driveshaft Services) network
- 2007 Acquisition of West London workshop (Propshaft Services)
- 2009 Established as an official stockist & distributor for Elbe Gelenkwellen and Elso Precision shafts
- 2012 Further investment in additional premises for increased stockholding capacity
- 2014 Became a member of the Swedish owned group of INDUTRADE subsidiary companies on August 1st 2014. Indutrade's Special Products Business Area representing an opportunity to take advantage of the synergies and opportunities of being aligned to a large group of international businesses.
Our relationship with Klein Gelenkwellen GmbH dates back to 1983, when we were initially engaged to manufacture propshafts for U.K. customers of Klein. During that time we have stocked and distributed their products throughout the U.K. and further afield. In 1998 Klein also purchased a 25% shareholding in Bailey Morris Ltd. Our excellent working relationship compliments the activities of both companies and gives us a significant advantage in meeting the aftermarket requirements of leading European truck manufacturers such as DAF, Iveco, MAN, Mercedes-Benz (including Unimog) and Volvo.
In 2004, having enjoyed a long-standing relationship with Welte Wenu GmbH, Bailey Morris Ltd formally became an EDS (European Driveshaft Services) partner, which is a membership of over 50 companies providing a supply network for driveshafts and components; this again complimented our core activity.
During 2009 we became an official stockist and distribution partner for Elbe Gelenkwellen and Elso Precision Shafts. This further enhanced our product portfolio and expanded our driveshaft range to meet the requirements of niche non-automotive market products, allowing us to also focus on specialist equipment manufacturers & operators.
In 2014 became an INDUTRADE group member company. The Directors of Bailey Morris Ltd, recognising the opportunities and advantages of becoming a member of a much larger group, transferred share ownership.